Sunday, July 15, 2012

way too much fun

I called Dan for his birthday.... he had been to Farmer Boy for breakfast....chicken fried steak, etc...and later he got Face Time going on his touch iPod and that way I could show him the piano....I'm having way too much fun with the piano....I'll read for a while, but then put down the book and go torture the ivories again for a while.....I watched a thing on YouTube that showed a basic blues scale.....and just took off from there....don't know if I'm doing it properly, but it works for me.....good thing about living alone is that there's no one to judge or criticize....I love those old movies where the guy is in New York or whatever and he just starts ripping on a piano at some cocktail party and thus gets the girl and a contract at Radio City, etc....that's what this thing reminds me of......not a rock and roll fantasy as much as a speakeasy jazz fantasy.....it's cooling off now as the sun goes down, but the forecast is for more hot and muggy coming this week because of a Bermuda High off the coast which will channel heat and wet all the way to here in the hinterlands....fixed myself scallops and grits for Sunday supper....that worked.....

No comments:

Post a Comment