Friday, July 13, 2012

I should have known

that I wouldn't wait 'til tomorrow when started thinking about that piano....went back and bought it for a hundred, and then gave the guys at the apartment house twenty bucks to move it into my living room.....it's an Estey....an American company....from the serial number it was made in 1941....it came with a bench that opens up for the music.....I think it might be worth more than I gave for it....maybe not....the girl I bought it from had no idea how old it was....it had been her aunt's.....she said her aunt got it around 1980 as far as she knew.....it all works, I'm sure it needs tuning, but I have a tin ear anyway, so what the hell.....

1 comment:

  1. Been messing with the piano of course...when you open up the top and the front above the keyboard it just makes a huge sound up against a ten foot wall in a corner of the room....I am pleased...lucky 13th Friday for me.....that's my opinion....from what I can find online these are mahogany with actual ebony and ivory keys....Estey has a patented sustain trick in their console models, to make them sound bigger....I might look for a stouter bench or a stool, this one feels flimsy, like the legs might break with my weight....such a nice new toy, and not expensive really for something so substantial...

    ReplyDelete