Friday, October 1, 2010

10/01/10

adds up to three.....or twenty-one? Cool enough to cut the grass out front without working up much of a sweat.....the new pub and sportsbar in Laurens is going whole hog for the Squealin'.....drink specials, bands, and direct from Ireland, the "Jameson Girls".....celtic women pushing whiskey.....the only bar in Clinton closed, The Study Club over at College Station....I never did go there, it was open strange hours.....but what happened I guess is the people who had the Study Club let the lease expire and went in with another couple and opened the bigger place in Laurens, at what should be a better location I suppose....it's right next to the River Walk Park....the Squealin' starts in an hour or so....I'm still thinking of checking that out and also looking into the pub this afternoon.....I'll eat a sandwich before I go over there, because those fancy BBQ dudes want too much for their ribs or whatever, in my opinion.....beautiful day for festivities.....up in the NC mountains there is a little town that, when the lumber mill closed, positioned itself as a Bavarian village.....put up false German-looking store fronts, and runs a big beer-bust mit lederhosen and all in Sept. and Oct.

No comments:

Post a Comment