Monday, October 18, 2010

people who walk

I walk about an hour every day, 20 minutes to get the newspaper, and 40 minutes around the park and back.....I talked to a guy this morning who is out walking almost every day too...he lives over by the park....he says he walks for the same reason I do, to work his back, warm it up....he had a spinal fusion in 2000 he said....mine was 2003 I think.....and I talked to another walker today too....this guy walks down to the Bi-Lo shopping center just about every day, which is probably about 4 miles round trip to over where he lives past the mill.....I passed him today as I was coming back from the library, but he doesn't ever want a ride, he says he enjoys the walking....one day in the Winter it was dang freezing, but he still wanted to walk home from the store......we were talking about how many empty houses there are around here, but they are building apartments to rent.....we figured that maybe these old houses aren't good enough for some people....or maybe young people like apartment buildings for social life, almost like living in a dorm maybe.....I had a Marie Callender chicken pot pie for Sunday supper....those things are so big I felt stuffed by the time I finished it, they are not like those little chicken pies we had as kids.....very nice weather continues.....crisp in the morning, warming up pleasantly in the afternoon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment