Tuesday, October 5, 2010

by late afternoon

warm enough to sit on the front porch....songbird singing, woodpecker pecking, Old Glory making that flag-flapping sound on Miss Ann's flagpole next door....every once in a while a car goes by, and the folk inside the car wave at the old man sitting on his front porch....clouds coming and going.....I'm low on groceries, so I'm going to just fix a pimento cheese and Frito omelette for supper....don't laugh 'til you try that....in the morning I'll go shopping....the ad says chicken legs and thighs .99 lb., or whole hens the same price...so I'll probably be eating chicken this coming week.....maybe with cornbread stuffing as a side....and cut green beans? I need more butter substitute, and something else....I'll remember what, maybe.....earlier I plugged the Fender dreadnought with the magnetic pickup into the big old Fender amp.....that works great, for a clean acoustic sound.....picked at that for a while.....

No comments:

Post a Comment