Saturday, October 16, 2010

Teisco Del Rey

About all I could ever get out of my Teisco Del Rey 1969 Spectrum II guitar was a sort of Powderfinger tone (red means run son, numbers add up to nothing) which is cool in a grunge sort of way.....but today I started fiddlin' around with various stomp-boxes, and finally got the Spectrum run into a mid 80's Arion Metal Master, on the "soft" output.....and then into a dual amp rig I've been playing with....anyway, the guitar has this slide switch on it that says Rhythm and Solo.....and I could never get much out of the Solo setting, it just seemed to mute the pickups or something.....but I got it working today.....if you turn the volume and tone knobs all the way up, and have it switched to solo, and you've got some gain dialed up on the metal pedal, you can get this bizarre San Francisco hippies-on-acid lead tone going.....I played that for about an hour I guess....I suppose I'm easily amused.....right now I've got the Clemson game on the TV, and Rust Never Sleeps on the stereo, I wanted to hear "Powderfinger".....

No comments:

Post a Comment