Monday, September 10, 2012

54F this morning

but no wind like yesterday's, so the walk was crisp but not chilly.....saw a guy at the gas station where I get my paper who used to be there every morning looking for odd jobs, but I hadn't seen him for most of the Summer....he said his artificial knee joint had become infected so for a couple of months he had to go to the hospital every day for an anti-biotic drip.....sounds like a bummer....he was going to try to do some work today.....a couple of different painting crews are there in the morning getting drinks and ice.....and some yard work outfits.....the guy I'm talking about does small carpentry jobs too, and roof patching, etc....otherwise he survives on Social Security.....you can see the same folks there at that time of morning year round....one painting crew never seems to take a day off....they are even there on Sundays sometimes....I watched the Denver game 'til half-time, and then went to bed.....slept well with the cool dry air in the room....now I'll go to the library, and later I need to pick up some fallen branches off the pecan trees out back....take that debris to the curb and they pick it up on Tuesdays....the strong wind the other day blew some dead stuff down.....one day soon I need to cut the grass out back too....and trim some bushes.....been putting that off, but now that it's cooler I should get busy cleaning things up....

No comments:

Post a Comment