Thursday, September 13, 2012

north side of the house

the shrubs along the fence line....I attacked those this morning with the pruning shears and the electric pole saw.....put a fairly large pile of trimmings out for next week at the curb.....got a couple of scratches and cuts messing with it all.....vines with thorns are entangled in that mess.....I should just go get that hedge trimmer I was looking at once at Walmart, and attack it all again shortly.....no rain in the forecast, but it's a cloudy and cool morning that might as well be a rainy day.....good for yard work, not too much sweat.....I'm glad I've got that shed out back, it makes it easy to organize the tools.....everything easily at hand when I need something.....the pork roast last night was excellent.....fork tender meat, browned potato wedges, the apple reduced to a sauce on top of the roast, tender peas....made a rich brown gravy....put some bitters in that, a gravy secret.....and there's plenty left.....I put the whole boneless loin in the pan and it looked huge....so I cut it in half, cooked half and put half in the freezer....probably have cold pork roast on rye toast with pickles, lettuce, mayo for lunch.....and microwave another plate like last night for tonight.....finished one library book already, it was a good one, and the author has written a bunch of books so I'll look for more .....still have some scifi on kindle too that I can look at.....

No comments:

Post a Comment