Thursday, January 3, 2013

dark this morning

dark with thick clouds and fog.....the street lighting was still on an hour after dawn.....damp out walking, it must have rained some during the night.....but around sunrise the rain was all down South of here.....Augusta to Columbia area looked like on the radar.....43F here.....my rib platter last night hit the spot, and there's leftovers from that.....tonight I think I'll finish off the black-eyed peas.....the avocado and spam on pumpernickel was really tasty, so I'll have that for lunch again.....slices of rye are pretty thin.....as it said in one of those Berlin detective novels I read recently...."the mattress was as thin as a slice of rye bread, and about as comfortable".....the detective dude had taken a room at a flea-bag hotel 'cause the bad guys were chasing him and he was afraid to go home.....they took the seasonal decorations off the streets yesterday, and put them back in that little garage looking building behind the City headquarters......so much for that .....doesn't look like it's in any hurry to warm up today, but I guess I could go out walking some more all layered up again, if I want to.....

No comments:

Post a Comment