Tuesday, January 1, 2013

overcast, warmer

48F and calm....that's better than the freezing 12 mph wind of recent days.....rain called for later today, 90% chance.....in this time zone the Rose Parade doesn't come on TV until 10:30.....so that will be brunch time I guess.....I watched BBC live from London at 2400 hours GMT last night....that was pretty cool.....Big Ben tolls 12 times and then they have barges in the Thames that shoot off 15 minutes worth of fireworks.....the fireworks in Clinton went by pretty quick too, it was mostly quiet by 12:15.....black-eyed peas are already soaked, so the meal will be easy.....brunch can be spam scramble with BBQ sauce mixed in, and buttery sourdough toast with Concord jam.....last lunch of 2012 was fried egg on sourdough toast with melted swiss and a little mayo.....and black pepper.....this morning's paper says that a fried egg and pepper sandwich helps with a hangover....never heard that before.....an amino acid in the egg yolk helps detox the liver, and pepper contains the same active agent as aspirin.....no hangover here, I felt fine on my morning walk.....I watched a Johnny Winter concert from 1979 on Prime for my personalized rockin' New Year, since what was on the networks wasn't appealing to me.....the Sun Bowl was a bad joke, I turned it off.....an ugly half-empty venue, and 45 mph wind gusts....the ref would place the ball and it would move before the center could hold it down.....the Rose Bowl isn't on television in this part of the country.....maybe it will be on ESPN on the computer, I'll check later.....well, Happy New Year!

1 comment: