Friday, August 14, 2009

backhoe out back

It was cool again this morning with overcast and some breeze, so I went out early and ran the lawnmower.  I did the front yard first, and when I got to the back yard I saw the city had a backhoe out in my neighbor's yard digging up the water line.  A two inch pipe was leaking.....so now I've finished mowing, and would like to take a shower but there's no water pressure.  I talked to a city worker over the back fence, and he said they should have it back on in a half hour or so, but the water would be dirty at first.  So I guess I'll try running the spigot near the back steps first, after they leave.  But right now all I can do is towel off sweat, and sit under the ceiling fan....Was an oatmeal morning.....haven't read the comics yet, 'cause I went out and started the yard work right after my walk, trying to catch the cool of the morning.....school starts here next Tuesday....dang, Summer went fast!

1 comment:

  1. Savannah starts school on the 24 of Aug, bye bye summer!

    ReplyDelete