Thursday, August 20, 2009

degrees north

About seven this morning it was 74 point something here.....and it said that the high in Goleta would be 72 for the day.....and I noticed that Clinton and Goleta are both 35 degrees north....so San Diego cousins are actually further South than the Southern cousins, who live to their North by the distance between San Diego and Santa Barbara, more or less. But I guess some live further south than Clinton.....anyway, I need to get more disposable razors....I guess a pack of those lasts pretty long, since the last time I bought them was in Escondido....I get the cheapest kind at CVS. CVS in Clinton is pretty much the same as CVS in Escondido, but with no alcohol. No drinking alcohol. The 1.5 liter of scotch that was $12 at Escondido CVS is almost $20 at Clinton ABC. And Clinton is a lot closer to Scotland than Escondido is .....go figure....the chicken livers with mushrooms and the steamed squash with onion made for a good meal last night...Dan says that he does not remember Joan's chicken livers with fondness.....I think she overcooked them somehow, because mine don't have that rubbery texture which maybe Dan is thinking of....the best chicken livers were those that Brian used to bring home by the pint from Donahue's Chicken Basket where he worked after school for a while....

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Joans CL were not the best CL in the world, but I am scared of anything with "liver" in it, cows liver, pigs liver, chicken liver, please no liver for me!

    ReplyDelete