Tuesday, August 18, 2009

big adventure

I drove over to Wal-Mart....well, anything's a big adventure to me....I went to get more Blue Goo, the official pain relief gel of the Lakers....before I left Clinton I stopped for gas, it took 8.5 gallons....looking in my check book, the last time I filled up was July 3rd. Gas expense is not a real biggy for me.....anyway, a sign in front of a bank on the highway said it was 86 degrees at 10:15, but it didn't seem that hot to me....it was real nice driving I thought, whatever it is that's blooming now smells nice.....well I got the Blue Goo and then went through the grocery section, and found some good deals....one was a pound of slaw for a buck twenty-two. Another was a two-foot long 1.88 pound sandwich with roast beef, ham, turkey, jack, provolone, lettuce, mayo, mustard, and tomato....well, I'll have to pick out the tomato, but what the heck? The sandwich was marked down from $5.98 to $3.50.....so 3.50 plus 1.22 is 4.72.....and I've got enough submarine sandwich and cole slaw for a bunch of lunches. I closed up the house early this morning, since this looks like one of those days when it will pay to try to keep the night air in until the AC comes on in the afternoon, probably around four-thirty or so.....

No comments:

Post a Comment