Thursday, August 13, 2009

R.I.P. Les Paul

I guess Les Paul has passed away at age 94.  He sure had a good run.....they had a thing about him on the DOC channel not long ago, he was a real character.  I don't have a real Les Paul guitar, just a no-name bolt neck knock off I got in a pawn shop for one bill, forget about the tax.  I took off the pick guard so it would look like Mike Bloomfield's, and took off the big string because Keith Richards does that....and years later I popped off the frets with a Boy Scout knife, and rubbed the neck down with a bar of soap, to make a fretless for slide.  The switch and pots are pretty much useless, but if I run it through the Pedal Farm fuzz into the Fender Champion re-issue I get this really cool bottleneck sound going pretty easy.....go to YouTube and look for something with Les and Mary Ford.....amazing stuff.....and tomorrow they start playing all of Woodstock on Deep Tracks, in the original song order......must be some Les Paul guitar in there I'm sure.....

1 comment: