Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First year

One year ago the City granted my Occupancy Permit....I had to pay some amount, and they sent a guy over to see if there were any water leaks or obvious fire hazards, since the City provides water and fire protection.  Then I had to go back to the office with the piece of paper and get my Permit.  And then they sent out another guy to turn on the power and water.  And I took my Permit to the Gas Authority and paid another fee and this Authority sent out two gas guys who fired up the water heater, and took a look at the heat pump gas pak thing and said it should work.  So, to celebrate one year going by I went to Whiteford's Giant Burger and got the 10 piece shrimp dinner.  It is the most expensive dinner on the menu, about eight bucks, with tax and tea.  I looked at the receipt, and the tea was only 40 cents, because it was an SR tea....a senior tea?  The meal included fries, slaw, and three small hush-puppies.  The slaw was really good.....the fries were the first I've had in months....It was around five when I drove over there, and it was 93 or so outside.  By the time the Jeep air-conditioner started blowing cold air, I was there.  The place was pretty empty, but I guess they were doing some drive-up business....

No comments:

Post a Comment