Monday, August 10, 2009

heat index

At 11:30 in the morning, it's 90 outside, and the humidity raises the heat index to 95.  It's about 80 inside, with the AC not running yet.  Today was an oatmeal breakfast, and I had a bunch of grapes half an hour ago.  I'm going to eat a piece of cold fried chicken, a buttered slice of rye bread, and some olives for lunch.  With a glass of wine.  It's not really butter, but a heart-wise spread made with canola oil or something like that.....last night for supper I ended up eating chunks of cantaloupe and some green seedless grapes in a bowl with molasses and wheat germ sprinkled over the fruit.  I was watching the Braves play the Dodgers in L.A.  I also ate a bag of popcorn, during the game.  They were out of my favorite 12 grain bread at the store earlier this morning, so I bought sourdough, for a change.

2 comments:

  1. wow, 95 degrees at 1130AM, dearest heysus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ended up with an official 3 digits or better....of course some idiot decided it was a good day for a burn pile, almost burned down some houses near Spartanburg.....I just stayed inside with the air on most of the day.....

    ReplyDelete