Friday, August 28, 2009

a dollah nine

I used a coupon that came in the junk mail and got a Southern Style Chicken Sandwich and a sweet tea for a dollar and a dime. That was pretty good, I thought....at McDonald's ......it was a tasty sandwich, too.....I had gone out driving looking for Ora again....I mean I was looking for where Mr. Byrd's store had been, and the old tumble-down cotton warehouse which had actually at one point been the railroad stop called Ora. The road off the highway doesn't cross the train tracks right there anymore, so you have to cross at another place and go on Branch Road...and off between the road and the tracks in the trees at one point you can see some fairly large ruins of brick walls, which I take to be what's left of the warehouse.....I stopped by the church yard for a couple of minutes too....make sure the folks aren't causing any trouble.....

No comments:

Post a Comment