Monday, October 8, 2012

52F, lowering skies, 12 mph NE wind

but on the radar it looks like the rain isn't coming near here any time soon....it's over in the mountains.....60F in the house, put a sweatshirt on.....maybe I'll have to turn on the central heat one of these days.....it looked to me like San Diego was going to get beat, so I went to bed by half-time....sure enough.....I watched most of the Falcons game too, and parts of a couple of others, switching back and forth with the flow of commercials.....and on PBS I saw "Give Me the Banjo".....that was good, inspired me to get the banjo out of the corner and strum it during the last of the football.....they showed some old-timey dude playing it with a slide.....I like to play the mandolin with a slide sometimes.....had pot roast last night, which is about like a stew as you get towards the end of it 'cause there's lots of gravy left....there will be a good chunk of the beef left to do something with.....tacos or sandwiches.....I've got that hash to work with too.....it's too nasty out to consider yard-work again, so maybe I'll just bundle up some and go for a walk.....as some of the bushes out there loose some leaves it will be easier to work on them....when I can see what I'm doing....that's my rationalization.....

No comments:

Post a Comment