Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Festival Report

not too much festive happening early on downtown.....as usual, nobody stepped up to a microphone to start anything when it was scheduled to begin.....various people with clipboards or pieces of paper in their hands were twisting about looking  like they were trying to find somebody who appeared to be in charge.....but nothing happened .....they do have two nice rented PA systems set up a few blocks away from each other.....both of them going "test one two three".....the sound guys were ready anyway....not a very good car show this time....no old Studebakers or Packards like that one year.....I think there's a major cruise-in going on today in a bigger city.....this event is usually one weekend closer to Halloween, so some vendors are some where else I guess.....the hash dog folks from Greenwood were not there this morning.....so maybe it will pick up later, get more people .....it goes on until after dark with a street dance, but I'll be watching Gamecock football by then, if I get that channel....I think I do.....saw some innings of the Giants last night, and it looks like they hung on to win and send it back to Frisco.....I should probably go ahead and cook up those country ribs that are defrosted now.....do something with them before they get funky.....it's cool enough for folks out over there to be all wearing jackets and sweatshirts or something, will probably stay in the 60s with some west wind all day.....anyway, I got some extra walking done, and I can go back over after lunch maybe.....probably not.....

No comments:

Post a Comment