Wednesday, October 31, 2012

windchill 38F

that'll wake you up when you go walking after breakfast.....might get down to freezing tonight.....hopefully after trick or treat is over.....got to remember to get the candy this morning at the grocery store....might get a chicken to roast too, haven't done that in a while....St. Louis ribs were in the ad yesterday.....I've got cornbread stuffing to eat up, that goes with about anything.....need olive oil this week, and a dozen eggs....out of Fritos too.....the central heat is running, guess the" heating season" is here right on time......my neighbor from around the corner came over yesterday and picked up a bag of pecans from out back, there are way too many for me to do anything with.....and I don't bend over very well to pick things up any how.....so, off to the market.....

1 comment:

  1. I was sitting out in the sun on the end of the front porch again eating pecans....there are a lot of them this year.....I did get a good sized whole bird at the store....and I'm going to try this radical roasting method I was reading about....heat a large cast iron skillet in a 500 degree oven while you prep the bird....this one is close to 5 pounds....then get the sizzling skillet out and put the bird in it sort of splayed out, not trussed.....put it back in for 45 minutes....it said to take the smoke alarm off the kitchen wall, because this was going to make some smoke.....make gravy right in he pan, after you have checked to see if the temp got to 165 in a thick part of the chicken.....I'll have stuffing and yellow squash with that....I got little Tootsie Rolls for handing out this evening....

    ReplyDelete