Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nice afternoon

Lawns are starting to go dormant, trees are turning color.....not too hot, not too cold.....I looked up piano tuning online, and it said a rule of thumb is to sound A# above middle C with the stops off and see if it resonates at 440 .....something like that anyway.....with a Seiko quartz guitar tuner I got the green diode lit up....so the dang old piano might be pretty much in tune....it must have been tuned some time since 1941......on the food front, I've got a sweet tater needs to be used.....and spinach greens too....so supper can be some of that pork fried up, cooked spinach, sweet potato baked.....didn't see anything in today's grocery ad to inspire me, but I'll find something I suppose when I go to the store in the morning.....

1 comment:

  1. Cocktail hour.....some drink historians say that the original cocktail is first mentioned around the time of William Pitt.....brandy, club soda, bitters.....that's what I'm having right now.....believed to settle your stomach and calm your nerves, being made of three healthy ingredients...

    ReplyDelete