Thursday, November 15, 2012

storm came through

around 3 in the morning I think some thunder woke me up.....but the sound of the rain put me back to sleep OK.....things looked pretty soaked when I walked after breakfast.....windchill 33 degrees, solid cloud cover.....it's still nasty looking outside now when I usually go for another walk....so I guess I'll just stay inside and maybe find some house-cleaning to do.....well, there's plenty of that to do, won't have to look very hard.....the ham and potato supper last night was delicious, and there's another two servings of that left it looks like.....today will be cold enough to use the oven again and do the little pork roast.....with potato and apple wedges.....it should make gravy.....I got sweet peas to go with that.....the central heat is running with the chill wind blowing outside.....I guess Winter starts next week, right before Thanksgiving?  Winters get rougher as you get older....that's my theory....

1 comment:

  1. no, winter doesn't start before thanksgiving....it just feels like it this year....

    ReplyDelete