Thursday, November 1, 2012

11/1/12

34 degrees at sunrise....so I got my wool cap out of the chester drawers, and my leather jacket out of the closet.....trickertreat was busy this year.....churches in the neighborhood had trunkertreat, and the City had a big deal going on over at the square....so there were plenty of families around....and all my candy was gone by 7:18 ......two bags of Tootsie Rolls.....the other years here I've had some leftover.....the sear-roasting experiment with the chicken made for delicious eating.....but did fill the kitchen with smoke and make some mess with grease in the oven....you can still smell smoke this morning....it made really good gravy.....and leftovers for a few meals this week.....the County is under a Winter Weather Statement.....which amounts to a Frost Advisory I guess.....I've got the check written out for car insurance, and I'm going to walk over to Allstate and pay that shortly.....it's still cold outside but I can bundle up and make it .....some of the chicken can go into curried chicken salad sandwiches I suppose.....to use up sausage I'll make pinto beans with sausage and onion tonight and have that in a bowl over Chili Cheese Fritos.....instead of making cornbread like last time with the pork n pintos.....might have the last half of a bratwurst in a sandwich for lunch today, finish off that sausage too.....if you google iron skillet roasted chicken there's a link to a video of sear-roasting....but to get the delicious aroma you'll have to try it live.....

No comments:

Post a Comment