Thursday, December 20, 2012

39F at sunrise

mostly clear, no wind, high humidity, large storm heading this way.....don't know when it will get here.....tonight I'll do something with bratwurst.....and sometime I want to make onion and apple cornbread dressing.....I read a recipe like that in the special section of the Clinton paper that comes out for the holidays.....it's got recipes that folks send in describing their special treats and cooking tricks, etc....some strange things in there...lots of sweets, and stuff like Coca-Cola Fried Chicken?  The washing machine I bought second hand when I moved in here has conked out.....it was made in 2003, according to the serial number....I gave $250 for the washer-dryer pair.....so I'm just going to go ahead and get a new washer, rather than put any money into parts and labor for something that old.....I followed some online troubleshooting advice and came to the conclusion that it wasn't anything I could fix myself anyway....the dryer works fine still.....always something......I can do my bit to stimulate the durable goods statistics for the Christmas buying season.....and I'll Shop Laurens County First.....I checked various stores online, and the store two blocks from here comes out ahead mainly because the bigger stores are further away and want more to deliver, install, and haul the old washer off.....I'm going over there right now to talk to them.....

1 comment:

  1. Either Friday or Saturday....depends on when their delivery arrives....I'll get the new washing machine installed....cold and wet this afternoon, going to make bratwurst sauerkraut skillet with onion, apple, hash browns for supper....

    ReplyDelete