Friday, December 28, 2012

overcast, freezing

32F ......good chance of rain tonight and on into Saturday morning......did get some champagne at Walmart, and the vitamins I was looking for....the kind for aged persons.....it got almost comfortable outside yesterday afternoon in the sunshine, but it doesn't look like any sunshine today.....I used up the last of the dressing and gravy with a pork chop and butter beans supper.....can finish off the bratwurst and kraut with fried potato today......still some roast beef for lunch sandwiches.....hot oatmeal is good on these cold mornings.....fireworks stands have been open for a few weeks now, for 1/1/13 skyrockets and what-all.....I think I stayed awake 'til the ball dropped last time, but I'm not sure about that.....champagne brunch during the Rose Parade is a favorite tradition in this house, looking forward to that......I'll try walking the park after lunch again, might warm up some by then.....

1 comment:

  1. It stayed just plain cold all day long....took a short walk, but my face was freezing.....went to the dollar store for light bulbs, and also got a small fruitcake for 87 cents.....Xmas stuff was all marked way down.....not a Texas fruitcake, but a New England kind....we'll see how that is.....

    ReplyDelete