Monday, June 11, 2012

a few drops of rain

on the walk for the newspaper.....lots of rain yesterday afternoon and evening.....another storm front heading towards here now.....rain predicted the next few days.....don't know when I'll get any yard work done.....this is helping with the drought anyway.....for supper I made candied carrots with some of the leftover baby carrots from the reunion.....and scalloped potatoes always taste better heated up the second day.....that was the rest of the meal....this morning was back to the usual oatmeal and mug of tea.....I have some spring rolls still in the freezer, maybe for tonight.....I need bread and wine at the store this morning when I'm over that way for the library.....I got something to read on the wet Sunday afternoon from kindle....a new Flashman book, read those years ago much to my amusement.....and watched Lost in Translation before bedtime....storms were messing up the local TV reception, so I watched the 11 o'clock news from London.....it's raining over there too ......flooding in parts of Wales......and the paper this morning reports flooding in the Florida panhandle.....

No comments:

Post a Comment