Thursday, September 29, 2011

air like wine

sweet and intoxicating.....beautiful Fall morning for going out walking.....it got up to 80 yesterday, probably be about the same today.....down to 60 overnight.....stays around 70 in the house night and day, with a some windows open....my tuna and noodles turned out tasty enough.....actually I used more of that box of medium whole wheat shells instead of noodles, but the idea is the same....I just faked the recipe, used mushroom alfredo sauce instead of mushroom soup....not as much sodium maybe......the Southern Cooking site has the traditional way to do it if you want to try that.....that's the Betty Crocker Cookbook way to make it like it was in our childhood.....there's enough for another supper.....I had summer squash with onion as the veggie side.....today I'll do the chicken, but not in the crock-pot, I'm looking at oven roasted instead I think, different texture......sides would be cornbread stuffing and more of the squash.....should be drippings for gravy.....I've got about half a sweet onion to put in the dressing.....I can use the large iron skillet as a roasting pan, and then make the gravy right in that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment