Thursday, September 1, 2011

been a dry Summer

was in the all time top ten for hot and dry around here.....7th I think, something like that....so they are talking about lake levels again, and wells running dry....tourist site waterfalls barely have any water to fall.....but there's still no state law against having burn piles in the Fall, so there will be fire damage to property.....tonight the Steelers play the Panthers on local TV....hopefully the Panthers can do better than last year......I got some whole wheat medium pasta shells to use as the "starch" side with my chicken and my shrimp menus items this week.....got a roasted garlic and onion sauce for that....so today I'm going to do chicken with mozzarella and sauce, the shells, and green salad with vinegar-oil dressing.....the white box wine was just about cleaned off the shelf at the grocery store, so I got Burgundy this time.....a box-boy told me once that it was sorority rush that took all the cheap white wine boxes off the shelf this time every year.....

1 comment:

  1. the TV news tonight is saying this Summer tied 1954 as the hottest on record, and was the 6th driest.....

    ReplyDelete