Tuesday, September 13, 2011

before my 2nd walk

I went over to Wal*Mart and bought some light hiking boots.....a podiatrist one time said that's what I should wear...."something with a good heel to it"......the idea being that some heel height shifts the weight more to the ball of the foot....and also gets a good angle between the ankle and the knee, which was a problem he saw I was having with my stride geometry.....so on the walk around the park and back the boots do feel comfortable and sturdy.....might take a while to wear them out, we'll see......last night on the newscast from London they had a thing about Scotland setting a record for whiskey exports, despite the shaky world economy.....the speculation was one factor could be that the emerging middle class in China regards serving Scotch as a status symbol......so I stopped on the way home and got a bottle of Scotch.....it's our patriotic duty to keep up with the Chinese, isn't it? I've used up all but one piece of that frozen chicken.....and I should go ahead and finish off the frozen shrimp some time this week I suppose.....I'll need eggs this week at the store.....I'm a little low on olive oil too.....they are saying it will get up to 90 over the next couple of days, but then the prediction for Friday is a high of 68 and a low of 54, with 40% chance of rain.....BBC last night showed the remains of Katia blowing into Scotland.....waves washing up and hitting some train going along the coast....

No comments:

Post a Comment