Friday, September 16, 2011

chili came out great

might be the best I've ever made....or maybe I was just hungry....at the Resort they had a chili contest in the Fall where everybody would bring crock-pots and set them on the bar....and the Cafe provided bowls and spoons and pans of cornbread.....and sold lots of cold beer.....everybody voted on slips of paper .....I never won....I made country sausage chili with pintos, kidney beans, black beans, etc.....the guy who usually won made this just amazing chili that was HOT.....I don't know what his secret was.....second place would be this lady whose chili tasted like it had sage and rosemary picked off the hills in it.....first prize was a gold nugget they said was worth $100....and the guy would end up giving it back for rent probably.....what would that gold be worth today? Second and third prizes were certificates for free meals at the Cafe.....it was fun....it was on a Friday so after they cleared things up there would be a band and the usual crowd.....

1 comment:

  1. actually, after I started working at the Swap Meet I was at work every Friday night, so I only did the chili thing 3 years I guess....

    ReplyDelete