Thursday, November 24, 2011

clear and colder

pretty crisp out on the early walk.....not much left of the newspaper after I took out the black-friday ads.....I'm certainly not going near a store tomorrow......yesterday I had something a little different for lunch, ham and fried egg on rye toast, with mayo.....BBQ chicken and beans for supper.....so now the fridge is pretty empty except for the thawing turkey......which will go in the oven Friday morning, or maybe around noon .....so by Saturday the fridge will have leftovers in it....I'll probably end up making a stew and cornbread some time next week.....the City crews got started the other day putting up the Christmas street decorations.....I think the parade always ends up being the same day as the one in Laurens, except here it is in the morning, and there it is in the evening......so the crazy guys in the funny hats with the little go-karts can kill two birds with one stone, as it were? I should look in the closet for something half-way decent to wear over to Thanksgiving dinner....something besides faded blue-jeans and a sweatshirt, my usual costume this time of year.....khaki slacks and a flannel shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment