Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ice on the windshield

freezing on the sunrise walk......on the street that a lot of people use to avoid the busy intersection where the highways cross the crossing arm was down and the red lights were flashing.....but there wasn't any train.....maybe the school bus drivers know who to call about that....they have the Christmas lights up on the lamp poles now.....Thursday night they will have the lighting of the Christmas tree.....and carriage rides on Broad Street.....or maybe they use some side street.....it's going to be around the freezing point overnight the rest of the week probably, so I could stop at the Shell station and fill up, and pour in a bottle of the gasoline de-icer too......regular should be under $3 with my Bi-Lo points.....$2.85 I figure......at the market I think I'll get wieners and buns, and sauerkraut.....for lunches, I've had enough turkey sandwiches.....tomorrow I'll fix turkey stew in the crock-pot, just let it go all day in there.....with corn, green pepper, onion, oregano.....what else? Chili powder? Today should get into the 50's by the afternoon, instead of the 40's like yesterday.....I might wait and see if it looks better for walking then, 'cause it's still dang cold here this morning.....36 or so......

No comments:

Post a Comment