Wednesday, November 2, 2011

grocery day

Heavy frost again on the dawn walk, today might end up a little warmer than yesterday, and then Thursday there's a 40% chance of rain.....so I went to the store and got a package of pork steak, that's like cube steak....pre-schnitzled sort of....and some hamburger meat, and some country sausage......I got mushrooms and sour cream because what I want to do is make hamburger stroganoff .......I saw a recipe for that when I was looking for something else and decided to try that since I haven't fixed it in years.....I'll use the small whole-wheat shells as the pasta instead of egg noodles.....won't that work? And I got cornbread stuffing in a box, so I can make country sausage-cornbread stuffing to have with pork steak and fried apples.....and I got russet potato and new york strip steak enough for two meals of steak with steak fries....plenty of food for another week, in other words......got more Chex Mix, the stuff is addictive....for when you're watching sports or a movie.....walked the park after I got back, read the Clinton paper....put a load in the washing machine......

No comments:

Post a Comment