Sunday, November 20, 2011

it is sunday

I woke up thinking it was Monday, but it's not......52 degrees and a light drizzle.....a few showers coming up from Georgia on the radar.....the last time I saw a weather forecast on TV they were saying no rain until Tuesday.....this must have snuck up on 'em......looks like a lot of rain over by Nashville......looks like rain in California too? I made my french toast with brandy in the egg batter this morning......as I was fixing the toast I was wondering why the sausage wasn't starting to sizzle.....it was because I hadn't turned the burner on....that would explain the cold frying pan.....anyway, did get breakfast cooked eventually, and it was tasty.....walked for the paper and sat down and went through it......the Walmart ad has computers and TV's damn cheap, it looks like to me....."while supplies last"......I think to use up some of that steak in the fridge I'll do curried beef fried rice with peas this evening.......a meal in a bowl kind of thing.....in case it didn't make your local news, the Blue Hose won their football finale 45-14, and the mens' hoops upset #20 Cincy Bearcats with a late three-pointer.....and the female Hose hoops won also.....Gamecocks won, Clemson blew it.....so they play each other next week in The Big Game, going in with identical 9-2 records.....there will be plenty of gridiron hoopla in this neck of the woods Thanksgiving week.....maybe I'll get a turkey after all.....I've got to go over there to the library in the morning anyway.....then it would have plenty of time to defrost in the fridge.....

1 comment:

  1. sort of a cold gloomy morning.....so.....slice up a small apple into a good sized mug....sprinkle with cinnamon .....add a shot of rum.....microwave two minutes....eat the apple with the aid of a dessert fork, drink the hot cinnamon rum......my variation of a baked apple.....

    ReplyDelete