Tuesday, October 4, 2011

big 10-4

42 with the windchill at sunrise, should get to middle 70's in the afternoon.....the heating and air guy pulled the heat exchanger out of the unit to check it for cracks, and there were none, which is good news.....that's a problem with the gas pack being outside where the metal expands and contracts over and over from heating up and then cooling off again out in the freezing weather.....if there is a crack, then some exhaust can get sucked into the air that goes into the house, and that's when you get carbon monoxide inside, which is why you should have a detector for that.....watching that guy work was a real education.....and he blew the thing out with compressed air and made sure the jets were all burning blue flame.....hopefully it will last a few more years......I had chicken dinner again last night, and I guess I could get some rice and what-all tomorrow at the store and make chicken stew with what's left of the bird....get some biscuits too....and I need orange juice and eggs this week.....I think I have enough bread and wine 'til next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment