Monday, October 10, 2011

drizzle walking after lunch

but not enough to really get wet.....had another patty melt today, with Fritos.....got the furnace filter and put it down in the floor grate, so now I'm ready to run the heat when it gets cold enough.....I found some good library books this time looks like, five of them.....I started reading the last one I picked up first.....Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami.....here's a little bit...........(pg. 62) "I think most people live in a fiction. I'm no exception. Think of it in terms of a car's transmission. It's like a transmission that stands between you and the harsh realities of life. You take the raw power from outside and use gears to adjust it so everything's all nicely in sync. That's how you keep your fragile body intact. Does that make any sense?" Somewhere else the guy tells the romantic interest that life without her would be like Bobby Darin's Greatest Hits without "Mack the Knife".......

No comments:

Post a Comment