Saturday, October 8, 2011

superlative meatloaf

if I do say so myself.....I think the chopped up bell pepper was the real kicker there.....anyway, ate a large portion and then watched the evening news feeling sleepy......Saturday morning laid back as usual, not much traffic out on the sunrise walk......the morning Greenville paper has a special section on the Friday night high-school football.....had articles about both Clinton and Laurens today.....they both won.....Raiders scored 14 points in the first 49 seconds of their game by returning the kick-off, and then recovering a fumble on the 24 when they kicked to the other guys......Clinton won in the final seconds by one point, they ran a half-back pass off the wish-bone for the two point conversion.....so the county schools both beat previously unbeaten teams......anyway, there's a throw away paper on weekends too, and the front page of it this week was an article about guys from the county who caught a record-setting 770 pound alligator.....I read somewhere they make alligator sausage out of 'em......so.....I had about 1/3 lb. of hamburger left after making the meatloaf, so I'm thinking of a patty melt for lunch today, and pork schnitzel for supper.....the Gamecocks are on at 12:30.....I don't get the Clemson channel.....Fox has a baseball playoff series starting tonight....I do get Fox over the air.....

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll try to make the sour cream gravy with the schnitzel....haven't tried that in a while.....

    ReplyDelete