Saturday, October 29, 2011

report from the street

OK in the sun, not so nice on the shady side of the street.....50 and a 10 mph north wind.....it cleared off for a bit, but now more clouds keep coming over.....still there's a half-decent crowd of folks for the Festival......hopefully it will build up later....it goes on until 9 tonight.....the old cars didn't have any Studebakers this time.....it did have some old Dodge with big fins, a couple of woodies, and a real nice Hudson Hornet.....I went in the Pizza House bar when it opened at 11 and got a sub sandwich and a pint of Sharkshead lager....I thinks that's what it was called.....I like that old bar, has a good ambience what with the exposed brick walls, really high old tin ceiling and tall windows looking out over the deck.....sort of a wrought iron fireplace in one corner that must be an antique of some sort....the worn pine floors from when the building was a five-and-dime way back when.....so it was warm and quiet in the bar, I was the only customer right then.....I thought I should patronize the place at least once.....maybe they will stay in business....the barkeep said they had pretty good nights with the World Series.....and they do Monday Night Football....he says they'll stay open until 2 in the morning if there's still anybody in the place.....my lunch cost what you would expect for a hefty sandwich and a fancy pint....came with a bag of chips and a pickle spear.....I think I'm done with the street fair for the day though, walking around for an hour in cold weather got my back to stiffen up and ache some.....I'll probably be able to hear the shag dance band from the front porch when that starts up after supper.....if it's not too cold for the front porch tonight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment