Thursday, October 27, 2011

fried pie?

Every once in a while the church across the street puts out a sign that says "Thursday Hot Dog Bake Sale".....this morning there was an extra hand made sign that said "home made fried apple pies"......I hope that means they use fried apples in the pie, and not that they take the whole pie and deep-fry it.....one time the youth pastor stopped me as I was out walking, and told me to come by the church when the Thursday sign was out and they would give me a free hot-dog lunch plate.....maybe my carefully cultivated stumble-bum image had him thinking I must be one of the underfed elderly......actually I was pretty much overfed yesterday after eating beef enchilada....it came out tasty.....I was dozing off later waiting for the World Series, and then found out the dang game had been moved to Thursday night because of a rain forecast.....the pintos were good too, with onion, cilantro, cheese, and a little of the sauce in them.....cooked down to the proper consistency while the other was in the oven getting bubbly on top.....it was warm enough last night to sit out on the porch late, but they are saying it's going to get cold again pretty quick.....right now it looks fine outside, good for the park walk....

No comments:

Post a Comment