Thursday, July 21, 2011

3 pm, heat index 110

that's outside ......I'm cool enough inside....I read a thing about why it's hard to sleep well if it's too hot in your bedroom.....your core temp has to go down in the middle of the night to get a good rest, so if that can't happen, you'll be awake and sweltering....the good old ceiling fan on the slow speed must be enough to get the job done, because I always turn the AC off before I go to bed....maybe some place in the world you have to leave it on all night....some folks around here do that....I wouldn't want their electric bills.....they say turkeys are keeling over dead, and cattle in the field in some places in the Midwest.....I can remember the chickens dying on the egg ranches in Valley Center, before they put in those giant fans blowing water vapor through the coops.....those fans seemed to blow the chicken shit stink all the way up the grade to Paradise Mountain.....I don't think I'll make gravy at supper after all, it just doesn't seem right in this weather.....after thinking about the dead chickens anyway......maybe I'll just nuke a french bread pizza....they were on sale for 2 bucks when I went grocery shopping....that's the thing about frozen food in this heat, you don't have to worry about it going funny on yuh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment