Wednesday, July 20, 2011

soupy air

I just read that as the dew point approaches 75 degrees, people can actually feel the extra weight of the moisture in the air as they breathe.....2% of the air is water at that point.....dew point of 72 here now, with 88 as the temp, for a heat index of 94 at 11:20 in the morning.....so we have pretty soupy air.......went to the grocery store but forgot to get the eggs....so I'll go in a couple of days and get eggs, and whatever else I'm missing by then....I've still got salad to use up for tonight, and then I've got chicken to cook for the week, along with rice and pasta sides I suppose, and green beans, etc.....got wine to chill, and tequila to mix with pina, as the heat wave cranks up again through the weekend.....tropical beverages are called for....had a pimento cheese and ham sandwich for lunch.....there was an article in the paper about the pimento cheese traditions in the South....and it was on sale at $1.66 for a small container, so I got some.....

No comments:

Post a Comment