Friday, July 29, 2011

mowed the front lawn

well, cut the weeds out front anyway.....did that while it was still 70-something.....at noon it's 90-something already, like it has been for a while, like it's going to be a while longer.....one forecaster said this heat won't break until September.....and they start school around here the second week of August I think.....still have some breeze coming into the living room right now, but shortly I will close up the place and turn on the AC......I made an elaborate chicken burger last night, and am thinking of a sort of giant cheeseburger for today....those whole wheat buns are good things.....I have seven-grain bread this week for breakfast toast and lunch sandwiches, they had the kind I like on sale.....my library books are interesting, and I'm still finding plenty of oddball movies to watch in the evening .......I'll probably make a Wal*Mart run tomorrow.....the new steeple is up on that church I mentioned....looks exactly like the old one, as best I can recall....it was built in Texas and shipped here.....an article online said that there had been water damage to the wooden base of the old structure, so now there's a new metal floor to it, designed to drain off any water that blows in.....they saved the old bell to put back in.....it all cost $78,000.....

No comments:

Post a Comment