Tuesday, July 12, 2011

heat warning

stay inside from 11 AM to 9 PM......heat index of 110 possible in the Upstate.....whatever.....it was still hot outside on the porch right before bedtime last night.....ran the ceiling fan to sleep.....but I got my walking done this morning OK, including the park walk....it was sweaty, but do-able.....and it was before 11......but this humidity makes you feel like a fish.....your skin wrinkles up like you've been swimming.....I don't get any ideas from the grocery ads this morning, don't know what kind of cool suppers I can fix for the coming week....maybe go back to taco salads or something like that.....I also got a Woodwind & Brasswind catalog in the mail....that must be from when I ordered a fiddle through Amazon a couple of years ago.....it came from W&B.....so that's something to look through and throw away.....guess I'll have ham and swiss sandwich with pickle slices and mayo for lunch, with chips and merlot.....I'll try alfredo pasta with mushrooms and a green salad for this evening....if I close the kitchen door and run the ceiling fan in there maybe cooking the pasta won't heat up the rest of the house any.....by that time of day I'll probably have the central air running anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment