Thursday, July 28, 2011

church steeples

some months ago they took the steeple off of this church I walk past every morning.....and later I read something online about how that was somewhat common nowadays, since the insurance companies were charging high premiums for old unstable steeples that might break off in extreme weather events and cause damage.....this morning people were out at the church unloading a new steeple.....it looked like it was fiberglass sections on steel frames that would all bolt together ......the crane they had right then didn't look tall enough to actually raise the top piece all the way up, maybe a big crane was on the way.....some guy was taking pictures, so I bet you can see the topping off in the paper next week, or at GoClinton.com.....overcast this morning with some breeze, 73F.......if it's in the high 90's this evening at 7 like it was yesterday, I think I'll stay home rather than walk over to see the band on the square......

1 comment:

  1. The Tams kept playing last night until around 10:15....later than those things usually run....but it was nice out by then, just a warm Summer evening....I listened to them singing their big hit "Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy" from my front porch. That was #1 in the UK in 1970?

    ReplyDelete