Thursday, July 14, 2011

change in the wind

instead of a swampy wind from the south-east, we've got a 8mph ENE breeze this morning....so I've got windows open and cool dry air moving through the house.....I did my walking and then was sitting out in the shady back yard, very pleasant out.....they are starting to work in Earl's backyard again, where they poured that pad a couple of weeks ago....he says it's going to be a "double walled steel building".....I think that's what he said....they have a couple of ATVs and a riding mower and a small boat and an old pick-up in the yard....maybe all that stuff will go in the new building....they had a small plywood shed against the north fence where they had lawnmowers and tools that they tore down a while back.....I can see guys carrying steel joists from my living room window right now......had a salad for supper last night.....I've got some leftover pasta I can have tonight.....and then I'll make taco meat with canned roast beef like I used to do, and have a dinner tostada Saturday, maybe chicken dinner Sunday.....it should be cool enough for that over the weekend.....I've got a loaf of Bimbo Honey Wheat Bread....I believe I read once that Bimbo is the largest bakery in the world....I think it's a Mexican company....they had a big plant in Escondido between the Swap Meet and the train station....you could always smell bread baking.....early in the morning they would give away all kinds of baked goods to the homeless or to charity outfits.....the day-old or week-old or whatever.....the skid row people who hung out in that area would put their money together and buy baloney or something, and beer....and sit out leaning against the parking lot fence where I worked because it was all covered with vines along one part, and the cops couldn't see them there eating Bimbo bread sandwiches and drinking beer for breakfast.....

No comments:

Post a Comment