Wednesday, January 25, 2012

back from the store

I got rib-eye steak and half-ribs.....which are the same thing as St. Louis style ribs, according to the lady in the meat department....today I'm going to use up the ham slice from last week in scalloped potatoes....with cream style corn as the side, which is traditional in this family for some reason....the kids used to say "it's cause then everything is yellow"......if you use cheddar cheese in the scalloped potatoes then they are yellow in color.....I guess you can make the dish without cheese sauce, just white sauce....but I've never done that myself.....actually today I'm going to use alfredo sauce, so the dish will be more or less white in color.....the corn will still be yellow.....I still have some roast chicken left....I got cheap baloney for lunch meat, though I'll probably still make some curried chicken salad sandwiches too .......got sausage links for Sunday breakfasts.....got fruit and nut trail mix to mix with Chex Mix.....ate an apple on the front porch in the sun, and then read the Clinton weekly paper.....it looks like it will be really nice weather for a walk after lunch.....clear, sunny, mild, calm......they are working on the train tracks today, but somehow the trains still go through? I guess they know what they're doing.....

1 comment:

  1. guess what.....curry will go on the creamed style corn....you've heard of curried cream corn of course....

    ReplyDelete