Sunday, January 1, 2012

no parade

because it's Sunday? I stayed up until about 12:30, waited until the fireworks stopped going off.....I usually save a little champagne to make a mimosa to watch the parade with.....but no parade until tomorrow, so I guess I can have a glass of champagne and a chili dog for lunch....and at one the Panthers play the Saints.....then the college bowl games are on Monday.....this is confusing to me.....I see now why Monday is a holiday: because of the parade.....it just rained a little a few minutes ago, overcast and chilly this time of morning.....got my 2012 calendar up on the wall over the kitchen table.....it's not national parks this time, it's "Wonders of the World".....January is Petra, I think it's called....that city carved into a cliff in the desert somewhere in the Middle East....Stonehenge is one of the months.....another one is that army of clay soldiers they dug up in China, etc.....I've got the black-eyed peas for this evening, will be leftovers from that for another day too......I slept about a half-hour late, after staying up 2 1/2 hours late.....there went spent bottle rockets on the sidewalks around downtown on my walk for the paper.....very little traffic on the streets.....

No comments:

Post a Comment