Sunday, February 5, 2012

it's burning off some

the early fog and overcast.....the rain that went through in the middle of the night didn't even wake me up.....I must have been sleeping like a log....in fact I slept almost until 6 AM, which is pretty good for me.....I did stay up until 11, maybe that had something to do with it.....54 degrees at sunrise today.....this mild Winter has some things blooming too early, like the peach groves.....the growers are worried that a hard frost might come along and nip the whole crop in the bud, as it were......always something to worry about....glad I'm not a farmer.....the casserole last night came out pretty much OK.....some of the rice was a little al dente.....the brown rice doesn't cook exactly like the white rice, takes a little longer I guess.....the Super Bowl is on way after supper-time.....at least my supper-time.....but folks still have feasts during the game? like Dagwood in the funnies this morning.....hot wings and pulled pork have been featured in the grocery store ads leading up to game day around here......a recipe in the paper was for what they call a BBQ sundae....pulled pork, baked beans, and slaw all layered in a mason jar, with cornbread on top of it all.....sounds messy to eat in the TV room.....I'm still going with the french bread pizza .....I got a steam-punk sci-fi adventure downloaded from the library, was reading that late last night, after watching some foreign news and a Firefly episode.....

No comments:

Post a Comment