Tuesday, February 28, 2012

low visibility

41F, misting and thick fog when I went for the paper.....should burn off and get to mid-60's later today.....last night I made stir-fry pork and veggies over rice noodles......still a lot of the pork sirloin left, and two chicken wings.....so I still have corned beef brisket, a head of cabbage, and some red potatoes to start another week with tomorrow.....another grocery week.....watched some "Father Ted" after the news.....that's just bizarre .......there is no West Craggy Island, because the Western bit just sort of drifted away in a big storm a while back.....I was nodding off watching the news-reel style propaganda documentary about the war with Japan.....I think I nodded off in elementary school watching the same flick on a rainy day with the curtains pulled and the lights off..... in 5th and 6th grade I got to run the projector some times, and push it back and forth from the AV Room.....about the same years as Safety Patrol.....we used to go down the hill to the highway with our little stop-signs on fogged-out mornings like this and stop people speeding to work so little kids could cross.....it's a wonder that nobody ever got run-over in that situation.....now they have bright flashing strobe lights on the school busses to get drivers to pay attention....those are a good idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment