Wednesday, February 29, 2012

grilled ham-and-swiss on rye

I got more rye bread, even though I still have half a loaf of whole wheat on hand.....I just like the taste and texture of grilled rye.......seeded.....and the wheat is fine for poached egg on toast in the morning.....at the store I also got breaded shrimp at half price, the kind you put in the oven on a cookie sheet.....actually, I use the convection/toaster oven for the amount I eat at a meal.....that works fine, and saves electricity.....and I got macaroni salad, cheap shrimp sauce, some good looking fresh squash to steam.....a rib-eye steak.....so shrimp supper tonight, and in the morning I'll start the corned beef meal in the crock-pot....I think I've got plenty of food for a while.....it was 54F earlier today the first time I went out.....after I put the groceries away I went walking again, and it was 59 by then.....they predict a high of 71 in the afternoon, 2 or 3 degrees warmer than Tuesday's high.....some areas got rain last night, but not right here that I saw.....I think I just heard the mail truck go by without stopping.....I've got the Clinton weekly paper to look at, and library books......

No comments:

Post a Comment